Being diagnosed with IBD is chalenging for anyone – but having a young child diagnosed is distressing and daunting for the whole family. There are usually hundreds of questions:
- Why did my child get this?
- Is it something we did (or didn’t) do?
- How is IBD treated?
- What are our options?
- Will she have a normal life?
- What does the future hold for him?
- Will my other children also get this disease?
- What is IBD anyway?
You and your family are not alone
Meeting others who are going through similar challenges can make a big difference. CCA member Sue Baker has set up a closed Facebook group Parents of Aussie Kids with IBD.
CCA has a range of resources and services that can help you including:
- A range of informative literature, including Students with IBD
- A closed Facebook group Lulu Livemore (only open to CCA members) and open Facebook page
- Private online chat forum (members only)
- IBD Helpline
- Local support groups
- and much more!
Browse our website, read about other people’s experiences and call our office (1800 138 029) to have information sent directly to you.